Using an industry-leading 9-disk design pioneered by Toshiba, the MG08 Series provides up to 16TB of conventional magnetic recording (CMR) capacity and 7,200rpm performance.
The industry-standard 3.5-inch form-factor integrates easily into cloud-scale storage infrastructure, business-critical servers and storage, and File and Object storage solutions.
Toshibas precision industrial laser welding technology is put to use to seal helium inside the 9-disk mechanics. The massive 16TB capacity is delivered using proven CMR recording technology providing optimum application compatibility and data reliability.
Available with either a SATA 6.0Gbit/s or a 12.0Gbit/s SAS interface, the MG08 Series models integrate easily into standard 3.5-inch drive bays to help reduce the footprint and operational burden of cloud-scale storage infrastructure, and business critical servers and storage systems.
- Industry Standard 3.5-inch 26.1 mm Height Form Factor
- Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) up to 16TB for broad compatibility
- Industry-leading 9-disk helium-sealed design for superior storage density
- 7,200rpm Performance
- 550 Total TB Transferred per Year Workload Rating
- Rotational Vibration (RV) Sensors
- 512e or 4Kn Advanced Format Sector Technology; (512e Model) Includes Toshiba Persistent Write Cache Technology for Data-Loss Protection in Sudden Power-Loss Events
- Sanitize Instant Erase (SIE) and Self-Encrypting Drive(SED) option model available
- Cloud-scale Sever and Storage Infrastructure
- Software-defined data center infrastructure
- File- and Object-based storage infrastructure
- Tiered Storage Infrastructure
- Workloads and Use-Cases that Benefit from High Capacity per Spindle
- Capacity-Optimized Cloud-scale and Rack-Scale Storage Systems
- Compliance Data Life-Cycle Management
- Data Center Data-Protection and Data Back-up Infrastructure