The FatCage MB901SPR-B is a dual bay RAID enclosure that supports 2 x 2.5 or 3.5 SATA hard drive or SSD in a 2 x 5.25 optical drive bay of your computer/workstation system. With the built-in hardware RAID 1 chipset and easy to read RAID status LED indicators, you can conveniently mirror the 2.5 drives for data redundancy without adding a RAID card or RAID monitoring software on the host end. Also, Central Process Unit (CPU) is normally required to calculate a RAID but, alternatively, having a RAID chipset on the enclosure frees up the CPU overhead and speeds up the whole system. Therefore MB901SPR-B is a perfect removable drive enclosure for mission-critical computer systems that not only make your system work faster but also provide protection against your critical data.
- Supports 2 x 2.5 or 3.5 SATA HDD/SSD
- Installs into any standard external 2 x 5.25 optical drive bay
- Supports up to 6 Gbps data transfer speed
- Built-In JMS562 hardware RAID 1 mirroring (SAFE) chipset
- Easy to read RAID status LED indicators for drive power, access, fail, and RAID 1 rebuilding process supports SATA and 15-pin power cable with locking latch design
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) reduces noise and protects against environmental damage
- Active Power Technology (APT) saves power by shutting the device down when no drive is installed
- Industry-leading 3-year warranty against all defects
- Complimentary support from professionally trained US-based technical support agents
Built-In RAID 1 (Safe Mode)
With the built-in JMS562 hardware RAID chipset, you can effortlessly add two HDD/SSD RAID array to any system without needing a RAID controller card. The FatCage RAID MB901SPR-B automatically mirrors 2 x 2.5 or 3.5 SATA HDD/SSD for data redundancy to prevent system downtime caused by a single hard drive failure.
Advanced RAID Status LED Indicators
The FatCage RAID MB901SPR-B is equipped with easy-to-read RAID status LED indicators for RAID health monitoring during the operation so users can quickly grasp the live RAID status without installing the RAID monitoring software. However, if your application requires using RAID monitoring software, it is available for download and installation on Windows/Mac computers.
EZ-Tray Removable Drive Trays
The FatCage RAID MB901SPR-B features removable EZ-Tray drive trays, allowing the user to install or remove drives without opening the computer case or powering off the computer. The EZ-Tray supports both 2.5″ SSD/HDD and 3.5″ hard disk drive and compatible with FatCage and DataCage enclosures include DataCage MB876SK-B (1x Drive), FatCage MB153SP-B (3x Drive), and MB155SP-B (5x Drive). This allows you to continue using the same trays from these enclosures and exchange drives between systems without unmounting the drive from the tray.
Making sure your drives are properly grounded is important, especially through many drive swaps. Without it, there is a high possibility that there may be static shocks that could damage your drives or may result in losing your important data. Our EMI grounding technology ensures a stable and safe environment for the HDD/SSD used, which improves reliability.