Introducing the flexiDOCK MB830SP-B professional removable HDD docking enclosure. It offers the ability to hot-swap up to 3 x 3.5-inch SAS and SATA hard drives using only two 5.25-inch optical drive bays. The 100% tool-less and tray-less design means drive installation and removal happens by hand in seconds, not minutes, saving valuable time whether youre a home user, computer forensic specialist, computer repair technician, HDD duplicator or a media workstation editor. A strong full-metal body ensures a long product life, better heat dissipation and keeps your sensitive drives protected at all time. To prevent overheating damage in active environments, the large user-adjustable cooling fan works together with the well-ventilated metal chassis to provide ample cooling performance.
- Fits 3 x 3.5-inch SAS/SATA HDDs into 2 x 5.25-inch external ODD/device bays
- Supports full SATA III (6 Gb/s) transfer speeds
- Supports SAS single-channel operation (SAS host required)
- Compact and space saving design to fit multiple drives
- 100% tool-less and screw-less drive installation
- Large 80mm cooling fan with easy access fan speed control wheel
- Cooling fan is upgradable with any standard 80mm 3-pin cooling fan
- Sturdy full-metal chassis adds heat dissipation and extra protection
- Ample ventilation holes for supreme cooling performance
- Spring-loaded dust cover to prevent harmful dust and debris buildup
- Dust cover acts as drive guiding peck for improved drive stability
- Supports SATA data and power cables with locking latch designs
- Package includes 3 x locking latch SATA data cables
- Requires only 2 x SATA power cables to power all 3 drives
- Flush drive insertion design fully protects drives from possible environmental damage
- Active Power Technology (APT) Cooling fan and LEDs only power up when a drive is installed
- Industry leading 3-year full warranty
- Complimentary technical support by ICY DOCK trained support professionals
Made for Hot-Swap
Installing or removing drives in a computer system requires opening up the case, using tools, and plugging in cables, a process which can take several minutes for a single drive. If you often swap drives, flexiDOCK is a better solution. The spring-loaded door allows bare hard drives to be pressed in directly, without tools, screws, trays, or any additional work. The wide front bezel allows drives to be easily removed by hand, pulling drives out in just a matter of seconds and saving valuable time. The simple drive removal system allows drives to sit flush with the computers front panel, reducing clutter and protecting your sensitive drives from environmental hazards.
Built with Security
flexiDOCK MB830SP-Bs full-metal enclosure protects sensitive hard drives from external forces, providing a longer life span for your drives.
Maximum Cooling Efficiency
The heat dissipating properties of the enclosure, combined with the amply placed ventilation holes, provide excellent passive cooling abilities.
Customizable Cooling Options
For additional cooling performance, flexiDOCK uses a large 80mm cooling fan with easy access fan speed control, allowing you to pick the best cooling profile for your application. Use a low setting for quiet operation in a home computer or NAS device. Turn the fan up to high for intensive applications, to keep drives running at their optimal safe temperatures.
Packed with Features
To prevent the buildup of dust and debris, which can clog internal connectors and lead to damage, each bay is covered with a spring-loaded dust cover. When installing a drive, simply press the drive in, and the dust cover effortlessly tucks away into the enclosure.
The drive door not only acts as a dust flap, but it also works as a drive guiding mechanism. When inserting the drive, it pushes the door inward to become paralleled with the metal side panel and acts as drive guiding pegs and anti-vibration kit. It provides better drive stability and compatibility for different drive heights, and absorbs vibration caused by mechanical hard disk drives.
Each bay features its own LED drive indicator light, to notify you of any drive activity. The soft blue LED is easy to see, but not too bright for dark environments. flexiDOCK MB830SP-B supports SATA data and power cables with locking latch designs, and comes with 3x locking latch SATA data cables. Once these cables are connected, theyll lock into place and stay that way, protecting against accidental disconnection. All three drives are powered by only two power cables, which reduces cable clutter. Fewer cables not only improves aesthetics, it improves airflow within your computer, further reducing temperatures of critical components.
Optional 2.5″ to 3.5″ SSD/HDD Converter
If you would like to use 2.5″ drives with this device, the optional EZConvert MB882SP-1S-3B is an unique converter that is able to transform your 2.5″ drive into a 3.5″ HDD form factor within seconds without any tools.