BDCOM S5800 Series is a new generation full-10G TOR switches oriented for high-performance computing, data center and high-end campuses. S5800 Series adopts advanced hardware architecture design.
S5800 Series supports up to 1.28Tbps switching capacity, S5800 with 1U height supports 48 10G ports + 4 40G ports or 64 10G ports.
S5800 Series supports BVSS, TRILL, SDN and FCoE/FC. By cooperating with S9500 Series, S5800 Series can access to 15000+ 10G servers.
Developed on the basis of BDROS 6 – a software platform BDCOM with its own independent intellectual property rights, S5800 Series provides high-performance L2/L3/L4 wire speed switching capacity by integrating services such as IPv6, MPLS VPN, network security, flow analysis, virtualization,with high reliable techniques including continuous forwarding, graceful restarting and loop network protection, the work efficiency of S5800 Series and its maximum running time are guaranteed.
S5800 Series supports the “GreenTouch” architecture and “Smart@CHIP”. Its power consumption is lower than 200W.
S5800 Series has two models: S5832 and S5864.
Advanced Hardware Architecture Design & Industry Leading Processing Capacity
- It adopts the industry leading hardware architecture design. S5800 with 1U height supports 48 10G ports + 4 40G ports, or 64 10G ports.
- With high-performance ASIC switch chip and multi-core processor, S5800 Series supports up to 1.28Tbps switching capacity.
- S5800 Series is designed with front/back wind tunnels of the data center. It supports wind tunnel to switch between front-back mode and back-front mode.
Rich Data Center Services
- BVSS (BDCOM Virtual Switch System): S5800 Series supports BVSS, which can virtualize multiple physical devices into one in logic. The virtualized system is superior to the independent physical device in performance, reliability, flexibility and management.
- Doubled Performance : The virtualized system makes the best use of each link in the device and avoids the blocking of STP to the link.
- High-reliability : Based on the advanced distributed processing technique and the efficient function of cross-physical device link aggregation, S5800 Series provides with non-stop layer-3 routing forwarding and avoids single points of failure.
- Flexibility : With the function of S5800 virtual clusters, the distance of virtual cluster system can expand to 80KM, breaking the geographic restriction of traditional cluster technique.
- Easy Management : The whole virtual system realizes single IP unified management and simplifies the management of network device and network topology.
- Large Layer-2 Network Technique : S5800 Series adopts large layer-2 network technique which supports TRILL/SPB protocol. With the technique, the network structure has become simple and compress, which can access to data center large-scale servers.
- Unified Architecture : S5800 Series supports FCoE (FC over Ethernet) technique, which solves the problem of discrepancy between LAN network and FC storage network and integrates computing, data and storage networking.
- SDN : S5800 Series supportsSDN (Software Defined Network), which can realize network virtualization and centralized management.
Data Center Level High-reliability
- S5800 Series adopts HPS (Hitless Protection System). The key components of S5800 such as the power system and the fan system support redundancy design. All system modules support hot-swap and seamless switching without need of manual intervention.
- S5800 Series supports redundancy protection mechanism such as STP/RSTP/MSTP protocol, VRRP protocol, ring network protection, dual uplink active/standby link protection and LACP link aggregation.
- S5800 Series supports ISSU (In-Service Software Upgrade), guaranteeing the user data non-stop forwarding when the system is upgrading.
- S5800 Series supports BFD and realizes fault detection and service recovery in seconds through linking with layer-2 or layer-3 protocol.
- S5800 Series has perfect Ethernet OAM, 802.3ah, 802.1ag and ITU-Y.1731 which can real time monitor the network operating state and rapidly detect and locate the malfunction.
- High Reliability (99.999%): MTTR of S5800 Series is 50ms, meeting the requirement of the carrier-level service.
- S5800 Series Supports complete layer-2 and layer-3 multicast routing protocol and meets the access requirement of IPTV, multi-terminal high-definition video monitoring and high-definition video meeting.
- S5800 Series supports complete layer-3 routing protocol and a super-large routing table capacity, which make super-large data center network, campus network, enterprise network and industry private networks available.
- S5800 Series supports complete MPLS VPN of layer-2 and layer-3, which meets the requirement of industry private VPN users and enterprise network VPN users.
Comprehensive IPv6 Solutions
- S5800 Series comprehensively supports IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, ICMPv6, Path MTU Discovery and DHCPv6.
- S5800 Series supports IPv6 based Ping, Traceroute, Telnet, SSH, ACL, meeting the need of IPv6 network equipment management and service control.
- S5800 Series supports IPv6 multicast characteristics including MLD, MLD Snooping and IPv6 layer-3 routing protocols including IPv6 static routing, RIPng, OSPFv3 and BGP4+.
- S5800 Series supports IPv4-to-IPv6 technologies including IPv6 manual/automatic tunnel, auto tunnel, IPv6-to-IPv4 tunnel, and ISATAP tunnel.
Comprehensive Security Mechanisms
- S5800 Series adopts advanced hardware architecture design, realizing the hierarchical scheduling and protection of the packet. It provides multiple security measures to defend against DOS or TCP attacks; and supports command line authority control based on user levels.
- Comprehensive Security Certification :S5800Series complies with IEEE 802.1x, Radius, and BDTacacs+.
- Enhanced Service Security Mechanism : S5800 Series supports the plaintext or MD5 authentication of relevant routing protocol; uRRF; DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) and (Deep Packet Filtration); DPI for control packets and data packets.
Innovative Green Environmental Design
- S5800 Series supports the “GreenTouch” architecture.
- Smart Power Management System : S5800 Series adopts advanced power system architecture design which can realize the function of efficient power switching, private power monitoring, soft start, real-time monitoring, intelligent adjustment and energy-saving.
- Smart Fan Management System : S5800 Series is designed with the intelligent fan and supports switching between front-back mode and back-front mode and fan automatic speed regulation.
- S5800 Series supports Efficient Ethernet and complies with International standard IEEE 802.3az.