The EZConvert Air Lite MB482SP-3B SATA 2.5″ to 3.5″ HDD/SSD converter is specifically designed for builders who prefer to mount their hard drive or SSD with screws for maximum stability. The EZConvert Air Lite MB482SP-3B features a top-free open air design with exceptional cooling and converts any 2.5″ SATA HDD/SSDs into an exact 3.5″ hard drive form factor. It will also fit 2.5 SAS HDDs to provide single channel SAS functions (requires SAS host for SAS drives). The entire converter is made of robust stainless-steel that is perfect for the most demanding applications. The perforated vents, top-free open air design, and metal construction all work synergistically to keep your drives as cool as possible.
- Converts 2.5 SATA HDD or SSD to 3.5 SATA hard drive form factor
- Supports 2.5 SAS HDD w/ single channel SAS functions (requires SAS host)
- Fully SATA 3.0 Revision (6Gb/s) compatible and Backward compatible with
- SATA 2.0 Revision (3Gb/s) and 1.0 Revision (1.5Gb/s) drives
- Heavy duty stain-less steel exterior helps heat dissipation
- Top-free open air design for rapid heat dissipation
- Ventilated slots allow air to flow through converter
- Exact 3.5″ HDD specification with universal 3.5 HDD mounting holes
- Fits all 2.5 SATA drive heights from 7mm to 15mm
- Fits every system that accepts 3.5″ SATA hard drive
- Supports SATA and SATA power cables with locking latch design
- Compatible with backplane trays such as those found in Apple first generation Mac Pro models
2.5″ Drive Support for All 3.5″ Bays
SSDs are becoming more common in the average household, but most computer cases still don’t have support for 2.5″ drives. Since these chassis’ don’t normally have built in 2.5 SSD/HDD bays, a 2.5 to 3.5 HDD/SSD converter is an absolute necessity when purchasing 2.5 HDDs/SSDs. For enterprise, its valuable for upgrading 3.5″ HDD file servers to 2.5″ HDD/SSD file servers without paying a tremendous amount for an entire system upgrade. The EZconvert Air Lite MB482SP-3B accepts 2.5″ SATA/SAS SSD/HDD of any height from 7mm to 15mm. The bottom mounting screw holes allow you to mount your 2.5″ hard drive or SSD firmly into the converter and mount your converter firmly into your chassis with provided screws. Securing your drives in place is critical for rugged system builds. The EZConvert Air Lite MB482SP-3B has exact 3.5″ SATA HDD dimensions and specifications, so it is compatible with any computers, devices, servers and HDD enclosures that support 3.5 SATA or 3.5 SAS hard drive. The built-in SATA PCB bridge protects your HDD/SSD connector from wearing out during the insertion and removal cycle, and it delivers the full speed of SATA 6Gbps without any speed reduction due to its pass-through design.
Advanced Cooling Design
The foundation of the EZConvert Air Lite stems from it’s ability to rapidly cool drives. A top-free open air design quickly disperses heat away from drives by allowing it to ‘breathe’ instead of fully enclosing it. This is crucial during intense applications and may lead to better performance since it’s well known that excessive heat can interfere with your system’s ability to perform optimally. We’ve strategically placed ventilated slots around the converter allowing heat to escape from all sides and angles, while the metal frame acts as a giant heat sink to quickly cool your hard drives. The open air design, ventilated slots, and metal frame combine to produce an advanced cooling system to put your mind at ease.