Protects fast gigabit ethernet LAN equipment such as hubs, switches and network interface cards from induced lightning and electrostatic discharge. The devise is designed for indoor or outdoor use, inside a weatherproof enclosure.
- Power over Ethernet (POE)
- All 8 lines protected
- Each pair supports 250 Mbits/s
- Negligible insertion loss
- Compatible to 100Base-T and 1000Base-T
- Compliant to IEEE 802.3u and IEEE 802.3 ab/af
Power over Ethernet (POE) is a technology that lets network cables carry electrical power. For example, a digital security camera normally requires two connections to be made when it is installed:
- Anetwork connection, in order to be able to communicate with video recording and display equipment
- Apower connection, to deliver the electrical power the camera needs to operate
However, if the camera is POE-enabled, only the network connection needs to be made, as it will receive its electrical power from this cable as well.