No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Focal Aria CC 900 Center Channel Speaker
R14,999.00 – R15,999.00
If your 2-channel audio system is built around Focals Aria speakers, the Aria CC 900 center is the natural choice for the move to multichannel. Like the Aria bookshelf and floor-standing models, it borrows advanced technologies originally developed for Focals acclaimed Utopia speakers. Most importantly, it uses the Aria woofer and tweeter, guaranteeing seamless voice-matched sound across your front stage.
Cone material combines old and new
Speaker makers continuously search for new and better materials for drivers. An ideal driver material has three qualities:
- lightweight, so it can accelerate quickly
- rigid, so that it moves like a piston, without bending
- well-damped, so that unwanted vibrations dont color the sound
In their pursuit of sonic excellence, Focal made a surprising discovery right in their own backyard. Woven flax can form the core of a very rigid yet lightweight speaker cone. Some of the worlds finest flax grows in fields near Focals headquarters.
Focal creates this unique cone by sandwiching a layer of hollow flax fibers between two thin layers of fiberglass. The Aria CC 900s dual 6-1/2? woofers are made of this composite.
Inverted dome tweeter looks different, sounds terrific
The Aria CC 900 also features Focals 1? aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter. Inverting the dome brings more of its surface area closer to the voice coil. That means the voice coil can be smaller and lower in mass. Focal has found that this reduced mass allows the dome to move faster than a conventional dome, for better high-frequency response.
And the tweeters lightweight Poron memory foam suspension improves damping, which reduces distortion in the critical 2-3kHz range by a factor of three, compared to a typical suspension.
Stylish, vibration-resistant cabinet
All Aria speakers feature ultra-rigid MDF cabinets with sturdy internal bracing and non-parallel sides. Focal takes these steps to eliminate the unwanted vibrations that lead to boxy colorations in the sound.
Built in-house for better quality and value
The speaker drivers in every Aria speaker are built in-house at Focals facilities in Saint-Etienne, France. Why is that important? Because it gives Focal complete control over every aspect of design, manufacture, and quality control, resulting in a consistently superior, high-value speaker.
- 2-way design
- 1? TNF aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter with waveguide
- dual 6-1/2? woofers with flax/fiberglass sandwich cones
- frequency response: 57-28,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 40-200 watts
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex design with dual rear-firing ports
- binding posts accept pins, spade lugs, banana connectors, or bare wire
- removable magnetic cloth grille
- designed and built in France
- 20-15/16?W x 7-15/16?H x 11-3/16?D
- weight: 23 lbs.
- Available in Black, Walnut and Noyer